BITS-Pilani Entrance Exam
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. This is also called BITSAT, which is a Computer based online test for Admission to Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS Pilani Campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. ‘Computer Based Online test’ means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test.
Exam Date : Second to last week of May (14th May – 28th May)
Admit List : First week of July
Important Dates of BITSAT-2016
||Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2016
||5th March 2016
||Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates
||6th – 7th March 2016
||Test center allotment and announcement to candidates
||8th March 2016
||Candidates to reserve Test dates
||21st March – 10th April 2016
||Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions
||20th April – 30th April 2016
||BITSAT Online tests
||14th May – 28th May 2016
||Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences to Degree programmes
||20th May – 30th June 2016
||Admit List and Wait List announcement
||1st July 2016
- For admission to any of the Integrated First Degree Programmes except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Minimum Percentage with Subjects: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Who are eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017: Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2017 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2016 will be eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2017 test.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit: The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2017. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2017 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2017 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
|Subjects / Types
||No. of Questions
||3 x 40 = 120
||3 x 40 = 120
|(a) English Proficiency
||3 x 15 = 45
|(b) Logical Reasoning
||3 x 10 = 30
||3 x 45 = 135
|Total 4 Parts & 5 Subjects