AIIMS Entrance Exam
The dreams of Jawaharlal Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee converged to create a proposal which found favor with a generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in 1952. The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through an Act of Parliament. The institute aims at providing high standard of medical education and is an institution of national importance.
Exam Date : Last week of May
Declaration of Result : Mid June
Tentative Dates of AIIMS M.B.B.S. 2018 Entrance Exam
- Entrance Examination : 27th May, 2018 (Sunday)
- Result Notification : 12th June, 2018 (Tuesday)
Proposed Counseling Schedule to be held at AIIMS, New Delhi
- 1st Counselling : 03rd, 04th, 05th, 06th July, 2018(Tuesday-Friday)
- 2nd Counselling : 2nd August, 2018 (Thursday)
- 3rd Counselling : 4th September, 2018 (Tuesday)
- Open Counselling [If required] : 27th September, 2018 (Thursday)
- Nationality: He/ She should be a Citizen of India.
- Age: The candidate should have attained the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st December of the year of admission and above.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 12th Class examination under 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Exam (SSCE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY as subject.
- Subjects (aggregate) : General and OBC candidates who have obtained a minimum of 60% marks and SC/ST/OPH candidates obtained a minimum of 50% marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY are eligible for AIIMS test.
- The Competitive Entrance Exam for MBBS course will have one paper consisting of 200 Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type) questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking
- Total no. of MCQs are 140 and R-A type questions are 60
- Each correct response will get a score of 1 mark and each incorrect response will get a score of - 1/3 (minus-one-third)
- No credit will be given for the questions not answered and More than one response will be treated as wrong answer and negatively marked
- Question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi according to the choice of candidates
||No. of Questions
|General Knowledge, Aptitude & Logical Thinking
||Total Qns - 200
||MM - 200
The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in two shifts:
- Morning Shift / First shift : 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM